Posting on Facebook Personal Profiles has been Discontinued
As a new measure for preventing misuse, Facebook is restricting all 3rd party apps from posting to your Personal Profile starting the 1st of August 2018.
In order to stay compliant with their Terms of Service, we've implemented some changes to SocialBee. You can read about these changes below:
- Starting July 24th, you won't be able to connect Facebook Personal Profiles anymore.
- Starting August 1st, you won't be able to publish posts to Facebook Personal Profiles that were connected prior to the changes.
- What's Next? We're working on some other tools to help with posting on Facebook Personal Profiles. Stay tuned.
Starting July 24th, you won't be able to connect Facebook Personal Profiles anymore.
Starting July 24th, you will no longer be able to connect Facebook Personal Profiles to SocialBee. This is the first measure we'll take in will be done in order to stay compliant with Facebook's attempt to curb misuse of Facebook Profiles and to make sure that people use 3rd party tools like SocialBee to communicate as a business rather than as a private person.
If you already connected a Facebook Account to our platform prior to these changes you'll be able to use it until the 1st of August.
Starting August 1st, you won't be able to publish posts to Facebook Personal Profiles that was connected prior to the changes.
As a second step in order to stay compliant with the new Terms of Service, starting August 1st, you will no longer be able to publish posts to a Facebook Personal Profile, even if it was connected to SocialBee prior to the changes.
This measure comes as an attempt to make sure that Facebook Personal Profiles are not being used to spam other users with business offers and promotions. If you want to communicate with people on Facebook either as a brand or as a public person, the best solution is to switch to a Page.
Switching to a Page
You can always convert your Facebook Profile into a Facebook Page in order to communicate with your followers as a brand/public figure. This action has a few advantages like:
- being able to keep a brand identity in front of your audience
- having a more authentic feel as a brand, reassuring your audience that you truly represent that brand
- having the ability to boost posts and create Facebook Ads.
You can read more information on why you should switch to a Facebook Page, here.
We're also working on a way that will still allow you to schedule posts on your Facebook Personal Profile, but the posting won't be 100% automated. We'll keep you posted once this is live.