How do I Import Links?
Importing links is easy peasy!
All you have to do is navigate to your Content menu and click “Import Links”.This will take you to the importing dashboard.
There, you will need to:
- Select the desired social profiles
- Select the category you want the links imported in
- Paste the links in the dedicated area.
You can choose for them to be added automatically as approved or not approved.
You can also choose to expire them, either after being published a number of times or after a specified number of days/months. From here on, you’ll have the ability to change a few presets, as follows:
1. Adding posts as Approved/Not Approved
If you want to add the posts from the feed automatically, keep the “Add Posts as Approved” checked (this is the default option). However, you might want to edit the posts before sharing them, in which case, you should uncheck the “Add Posts as Approved” option. This way, you can manually approve each post as needed.
2. Appending Text
You also have the option of appending text at the end of each imported post. If, for instance, you want to add a hashtag at the end of each post, by writing “#iLoveSocialBee”, that text will be added at the end of those imported posts.
3. Advanced Settings
When it comes to Advanced Settings, this is the place you can find some extra honey to make sure your posts are the best they can be. From here, you can do the following:
- Trim text for Twitter - If checked, we’ll trim the text so it is suitable for Twitter sharing. Don’t worry - we’ll trim from the title of the post, so we keep the Append text and URL intact.
- Add as image* - This feature finds the main image from the link and adds it on its own to your post, without the link preview. The main image will be the one set as an OG:Image in your HTML or the main large image we can find.
- Remove UTM Parameters - This feature makes sure that your imported links will be added to SocialBee without their previously added UTM Parameters.
* The "Add as image" feature will not work if you select a Facebook Profile. On the other hand, this is the default setting for Pinterest and Instagram posts.
When you’re finished, just click “Import Links” at the bottom and the process will start. You will be notified via email if the import was a smashing success or if it encountered any problems with some links.